VMware vRealize CloudClient 3.2 Release Notes
vRealize CloudClient 3.2 | 19 MAR 2015 | Build 2594179
Updated on: 19 MAR 2015
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release Notes The release notes cover the
- New features:
- Multi-machine support: You can now request multi-machine services, view the components of a provisioned multi-machine, and manage multi-machine blueprints.
- Advanced Services Designer content management: You can now export content from the Advanced Services Designer to a zip file and import the content package to another environment. You can select which items are included in the export.
- Network profiles: You can now view information about network profiles by using the vra iaas networkprofile list and vra iaas networkprofile detail commands.
- Command enhancements:
- The vra reservation list command now supports filtering on name, type, subTenantId, and reservationPolicyId.
- The vra catalog detail command output now includes the blueprint id so that blueprint details can be looked up by using the vra iaas blueprint detail command.
- Commands with --export parameters can now be written to stdout instead of a file. If the --export parameter is a single hyphen (-), then the output goes to standard output. For example, this command generates a reservation template, and outputs it to standard output instead of a file: vra reservation generate template --type VSPHERE --name my-reservation --export -
- Many updates for improved error messages and handling.
- Session management:
- vRealize Orchestrator sessions are now persisted so that vco commands can be scripted without logging in for each command invocation.
- The option to persist sessions is now a configurable setting rather than always enabled.
- A new command, vra version, displays the vRealize Automation version for the current session.
To run CloudClient, run the cloudclient.sh (Unix) or cloudclient.bat (Windows) command.
When running CloudClient in script mode, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") in command arguments.
Use the following guidelines for the best Windows experience when running CloudClient:
- Ensure that your Command Prompt (or PowerShell) uses the same value for Window Buffer Width and Window Width. If your prompt's Window Buffer Width is larger than your Window Width, commands do not wrap properly.
- Only the [Home] and [End] keyboard shortcut keys are supported when running CloudClient.
For full product documentation, open docs/index.html in your browser.
CloudClient fails to launch on initial run
When launching CloudClient, the screen freezes and the EULA never appears, and the CLI is never launched.
This issue is resolved, and the EULA should appear on all platforms running Java 7 or later when CloudClient is initially launched.
Cannot reconfigure machine
A user cannot execute an action against a provisioned resource that reconfigures a machine.
This issue is resolved and the vra provisioneditem action execute command now takes --properties to specify Cpu and MemoryMb.
The vra iaas blueprint vsphere importalltemplates command does not work
This issue is resolved and the command now imports all machine templates that exist in a vSphere endpoint into a vRealize Automation machine blueprint. The newly created blueprint uses the machine template's values for CpuMin, MemoryMin, and StorageMin and all other fields come from the inputfile example blueprint JSON parameter.
Infinite recursion (StackOverflowError) occurs when running some commands, including vra request list or vra request detail
This issue is resolved.
javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException: handshake alert: unrecognized_name
A user might encounter this exception when logging into vRealize Automation.
This issue is resolved.
Custom properties specified in build profiles do not appear
If a blueprint specified a build profile, the custom properties in that build profile were not displayed using vra catalog detail command.
This issue is resolved, and all custom properties, whether they are specified directly in the blueprint or as part of a build profile, are now listed.
The --properties parameter of a catalog request does not support commas
When specifying a custom property using --properties, the property value did not support the use of a comma.
This issue is resolved. A command similar to this is now supported, which would create two properties: vra catalog request submit --properties "myKey='prop value, where a comma', myKey2=another" is included.
@type attribute missing in vra request detail command
This issue is resolved. In CloudClient 3.0, the vra request detail command listed the type of request with a @type attribute. In 3.1 the @type attribute was not included in the JSON response for this command. The @type attribute has been restored.
Known issues not previously documented are marked with the * symbol.
Multi-machine requests are not supported with vRealize Automation 6.2*
Multi-machine requests are only supported for vRealize Automation 6.0 and 6.1.
Misleading message appears when you delete a blueprint that has provisioned machines*
When you delete a blueprint by using CloudClient that has provisioned machines associated with it, CloudClient returns a success message even though the blueprint is not actually deleted.
The vco workflow list command does not support paging
The response for the vco workflow list command is always displayed as a single list regardless of paging configuration.