vFabric GemFire Native Client 7.0.0 Release Notes
vFabric GemFire Native Client 7.0.0 | 25 OCT 2012 | Build 5786|
Last Document Update: 31 OCT 2012
What's in the Release Notes
The release notes cover the following topics:
What's New in vFabric GemFire Native Client 7.0
vFabric GemFire native client 7.0 includes the following feature changes and enhancements.
- Portable Data eXchange (PDX) support for the C++ API. You can now use PDX serialization with the vFabric GemFire native client C++ API. The new PDX serialization C++ API interfaces include PdxSerializable, PdxInstanceFactory, PdxInstance, PdxSerializer, and PdxWrapper. The native client also now includes PDX serialization QuickStart examples. See Serializing Data with GemFire PDX Serialization in the vFabric GemFire Native Client User's Guide for more information.
- Support for .NET 4.0 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. See "Windows Support Details" in the topic vFabric GemFire Native Client Supported Configurations in the vFabric GemFire Native Client User's Guide for more information..
- Native client-side consistency checks to complement server-side consistency checks. See Consistency Checking for Distributed Regions and Region Consistency in the vFabric GemFire Native Client User's Guide for more information.
- vFabric Gemfire native client certification on vSphere. You can now run the vFabric GemFire native client on vSphere virtual machines that use vMotion. See Improving GemFire Performance on vSphere in the vFabric GemFire User's Guide for a list of guidelines that apply both to GemFire native client and GemFire server installations.
- APIs for the QueryService interface. A
CqStatusListener interface and a
getAllDurableCqsFromServer() API were added to the QueryService interface. See Writing the CQ Listener or CQ Status Listener and Managing Continuous Queries in the vFabric GemFire Native Client User's Guide for more information.
- Support for keystore PEM files. Password-protected keystore PEM files are supported for SSL-enabled connections.
- Berkleley DB Persistence Manager removed from the native client distribution. The prebuilt persistence and overflow plugin (bdbimpl library) is no longer provided with the native client.
- Various general product improvements. These include performance improvements, bug fixes and improvements to logging and exception messages.
For a list of bugs that are fixed in vFabric GemFire Native Client 7.0.0 and that are resolved in the VMware bug tracking system, see BugsFixedGemFireNC700.html.
For a list of known issues with vFabric GemFire Native Client 7.0.0 and that are registered as bugs in the VMware bug tracking system, see BugNotesGemFireNC700.html.