VMware VMmark 1.1 Release Notes
Notes on VMware VMmark 1.1, Build 20080520
Build 20080520 is a release build of VMware VMmark 1.1.
The release notes contain the following:
What's New in 1.1?
We're pleased to announce the release of VMmark 1.1. Significant changes from
VMmark 1.0 are listed below:
- The database server virtual machine has been updated from 32-bit Novell SLES 10 to 64-bit Novell SLES 10
- The web server virtual machine has been updated from 32-bit Novell SLES 10 to 64-bit Novell SLES 10 SP1.
- The fileserver virtual machine has been updated from 32-bit Novell SLES 10 to 32-bit Novell SLES 10 SP1.
- The Java server virtual machine has been updated from 32-bit to 64-bit Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
- The Java server virtual machine now enables large-page support.
- The clients and the webserver virtual machines now use SPECweb2005 v1.20 (or later) due to output format
- The benchmark harness now detects and corrects thread count errors in Loadsim.
- Tilescore defects have been fixed and time synchronization improved.
- The deprecated Java options in the Java server workload parameters are removed.
- The tilescore script is enhanced to process partial results.
- The VMware VMmark Benchmarking Guide has been updated.
- The VMware VMmark Tuning Guide has been updated.
- The Run and Reporting Rules for VMmark has been updated.
- The disclosure.html template is improved.
- On the clients, Service Pack 1 (SP1) or later is required for Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition to set
processor affinity. Being unable to set processor affinity may sometimes result in client-side failures while
running the mail server workload.
For further infomation, contact email@example.com.