vRealize Business Standard 6.1.0 Release Notes
vRealize Business Standard | 12 March 2015 | Build 2548009
Last updated: 12 March 2015
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release Notes
The release notes covers the following topics:
The release contains the following enhancements:
- vRealize Automation 6.2.1 version compatibility. The release of vRealize Business Standard 6.1 is compatible with the vRealize Automation 6.2.1 release.
- vRealize Business 6.1 for vSphere. In addition to vRealize Business license, you can access vRealize Business 6.1 for vSphere by using the vCloud Suite license key. vRealize Business 6.1 for vSphere supports the following features.
- Cost and usage visibility of vCloud Suite components such as vSphere, VMware vCloud Director, vRealize Automation, and vRealize Operations Manager.
- Basic pricing integration with vRealize Automation.
- Simple reporting.
- vCenter Server 6.0. vRealize Business Standard 6.1 supports vCenter Server 6.0.
- vRealize Operations Manager 6.x. vRealize Business Standard 6.1 supports integration with vRealize Operations Manager 6.x version.
- vCloud Air Virtual Data Center report. A new report, which displays the details of virtual data centers that are hosted on vCloud Air accounts.
VMware vRealize Business Standard Installation and Administration Guide
VMware vRealize Business Standard User's Guide
The following limitations and issues are known to occur in this vRealize Business Standard release:
- If you rename a datastores by accessing a vCenter Server, the datastores name is not updated in vRealize Business Standard.
- You are unable to click the NAS value on Cloud Comparison > Compare data center to see the list of datastores.
In the Advanced pricing mode, storage pricing policy details do not show the infrastructure type details.
- While uploading the CSV file on Cloud Cost > Server Hardware, the file preview is not displayed.
After you upgrade vRealize Business Standard to 6.0 or later, the cost details are not displayed for the new virtual machines with more than 2 CPUs. When you click Business Management > Cloud Comparison > Compare new VMs to Cloud, the following error message is displayed: No matching configuration found.
Workaround: After upgrade, a duplicate group might have created in the upgraded environment. You must delete one of the My Sample Group groups.
After completion of the vRealize Business Standard synchronization process for the first time and updates the cost calculation and connections, the cost data is not displayed on the vRealize Business Standard dashboard.
Workaround: Refresh the browser to view the updated cost data.
- If you are using vRealize Operations Manager 6.x, the recommended memory for certain virtual machines in the Oversized VM reports is shown in KB, instead of MB. Also, even if oversized virtual machines exists in vRealize Business Standard, the Oversized VM reports do not contain any virtual machines under the cluster.
- When vRealize Business Standard is connected to vRealize Operations Manager, if you have set the expected CPU and memory utilization for the host to System Defined and delete the host for the current month, the cost calculation might fail with a null pointer exception.
Workaround: Perform the following steps to resolve the issue:
- On the vRealize Business Standard, navigate to Operational Analysis and click Edit Utilization.
- Change the CPU and memory utilization to a value other than System Defined.
- Run the data synchronization for updating the cost values by using the user interface manually.
- Set the CPU and memory utilization back to System Defined.
- If the vRealize Business Standard server is overloaded, you see an internal server error.
Workaround: Access vRealize Business Standard after some time.
If you edit the reference cost and then change it back to its original value, the legend still shows the message Costs have been manually entered.
- When a client machine is suspended and then restored after seven or eight hours of inactivity, you see an error
message about a malformed security token shell.
Workaround: Restart the application to restore functionality.