VMware Workstation 5.0Features | Documentation | Knowledge Base | Discussion Forums
The Favorites List
This section describes the following topics:
Overview of the Favorites List
The Favorites list gives you a convenient way to organize and access frequently-used items.
The Favorites list
Adding an Item to the Favorites List
To add a virtual machine or team entry to the Favorites list
1. Open the virtual machine or team that you want to add.
Choose (File > Open) and browse to the location of the virtual machine (.vmx file) or team (.vmtm file) you want as a favorite.
2. Choose File > Add to Favorites.
The virtual machine or team name appears in the Favorites list.
Adding the Active Virtual Machine to the Favorites List
To add the currently open virtual machine, Choose File > Add to Favorites.
The virtual machine name appears in the Favorites list.
Removing an Item from the Favorites List
You can remove the name of a virtual machine from the Favorites list at any time. Removing the name from the list does not affect the virtual machine's files or operation. You can add the virtual machine to the list again at any time.
To remove a name from the Favorites list, take these steps.
1. Click a name in the list to select it.
2. Choose File > Remove from Favorites.
The virtual machine name is removed from the Favorites list.
Removing the Active Virtual Machine from the Favorites List
To remove the currently open virtual machine from the Favorites list:
Choose File > Remove from Favorites.
The virtual machine is removed from the Favorites list.
Changing the Name of a Favorite List Item
You can rename the Favorites list entry for a virtual machine or team.
To rename a Favorite list entry:
1. Right-click the Favorite you want to rename.
2. Select Rename from the pop-up menu.
3. Type the new name for the Favorite and press Enter.
Note: This change is for display only, and does not rename the virtual machine files on the host.
Organizing Favorites into Folders
You can arrange your virtual machines and teams in folders.
To create a folder:
1. Right-click in the Favorites list.
2. Select New > Folder from the pop-up menu.
3. Type a name for the folder and press enter.
4. Drag and drop your virtual machine or team favorites into the new folder as desired.
Hiding and Displaying the Favorites List
To toggle the display of the Favorites list on or off:
1. Choose View > Favorites.
If the Favorites list was visible, it becomes hidden. If it was hidden, now it is visible.