VMware Workstation 5.0Features | Documentation | Knowledge Base | Discussion Forums
Suspending and Resuming Virtual Machines
You can save the current state of your virtual machine by suspending it. Later, you can resume the virtual machine to pick up work quickly, right where you stopped with all documents you were working on open and all applications in the same state as they were at the time you suspended the virtual machine.
To suspend a virtual machine
1. If your virtual machine is running in full screen mode, return to window mode by pressing the Ctrl-Alt key combination.
2. Click Suspend on the VMware Workstation toolbar.
3. When VMware Workstation has completed the suspend operation, it is safe to exit VMware Workstation.
File > Exit (Windows)
File > Quit (Linux)
To resume a virtual machine that you have suspended:
1. Start VMware Workstation and choose a virtual machine you have suspended. The process is the same as that described in Starting a Virtual Machine.
2. Click Resume on the VMware Workstation toolbar.
Note that any applications you were running at the time you suspended the virtual machine are running and the content is the same as it was when you suspended the virtual machine.
For more information, see Using Suspend and Resume.