VMware Workstation 8.0.6 Release Notes
These release notes cover the following topics:
VMware Workstation 8.0.6 | 14 MARCH 2013 | Build 1035888
Check frequently for additions and updates to these release notes.
VMware Workstation 8.0.6 is a maintenance release that resolves some known issues. It is a free update for all VMware Workstation 8 users.
Prior Releases of Workstation
Known problems from prior releases of VMware Workstation are described in the release notes for each release. To view release notes for the prior releases of VMware Workstation, see the following links.
The following issues are resolved in this release of VMware Workstation.
- You can now create full clones from a snapshot of a Windows XP Mode virtual machine.
- The correct versions of Windows and Windows Server are now displayed accurately in the New Virtual Machine wizard.
- A virtual machine in Unity mode now correctly switches between the Workstation library and other virtual machines.
- Linked clones can now be created from a read-only template virtual machine on both Windows and Linux.
- Scrolling with a Lenovo ThinkPad UltraNav scroll button no longer requires excessive force.
- Performance issues for Linux HGFS clients have been fixed.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 32bit no longer crashes when powering on virtual machines.
Known issues from prior releases of VMware Workstation 8 also might apply to VMware Workstation 8.0.6.
Top of Page