VMware Workstation 9.0.3 Release Notes
These release notes cover the following topics:
VMware Workstation 9.0.3 | 14 NOVEMBER 2013 | Build 1410761
Check frequently for additions and updates to these release notes.
VMware Workstation 9.0.3 is a maintenance release that resolves some known issues. It is a free update for all VMware Workstation 9 users.
Prior Releases of Workstation
Known problems from prior releases of VMware Workstation are described in the release notes for each release. To view release notes for the prior releases of VMware Workstation, see the following links.
The following issues are resolved in this release of VMware Workstation.
- An issue with virtual machines not starting in a Windows 7 system with dynamic disks present has been fixed.
- The issue that caused the following error message to appear has been resolved.
The connection for the USB device name of USB device was unsuccessful. The device is currently in use.
- Virtual machine warning beeps now are heard through host speakers on some older systems.
- USB2.0 and USB 3.0 devices are now recognized by both host and guest operating systems.
- The virtual machine Settings window functions as expected when using multiple NICs in Workstation or Player.
- Importing .ova files into Workstation now functions correctly with the appropriate EULA.
- Connections issues with the Digitus 150N Wireless Adapter have been resolved.
- An issue with entering license keys into trial versions of Workstation or Player has been fixed.
- An issue with how GoogleEarth displays country borders as well as the zoom slider has been resolved.
- Using a UNC path to save full or linked clones now functions as expected.
- Taking snapshots, or AutoProtect snapshots, of your virtual machine no longer causes Workstation to exit Unity mode.
- USB composite devices now function as expected.
- Using FTP with Transport Layer Security (TLS) explicit encryption now establishes connections as expected.
- Shared folders can now be enabled in Ubuntu 13.04 64bit guests.
- The graphical user interface (GUI) Workstation installer now functions as expected on Ubuntu13.04 hosts.
- Workstation Easy Install now recognizes Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 release builds.
- The Workstation OVFTool has been updated.
- An issue that caused Workstation to crash when a USB device was connected to shared or remote virtual machines.
- The issue causing ODBC driver creation to shut down when shared folders are enabled on a Windows 2008 guest has been resolved.
- When accessing a virtual machine through Windows RDP, you can now open the CDROM drive.
- The list of available adapters now functions correctly in the Player Automatic Bridging Settings.
Top of Page