The VCAP-NV Design 2021 certification validates you can gather customer information, including requirements, risks, constraints, and assumptions, and use that information to make design recommendations for NSX-T Data Center solutions.
1. (Recommended) Gain experience with NSX technologies
2. (Required) Submit proof that you hold an Active/Non-Expired Cisco CCIE certification
1. Option 1- Attend ONE of the training courses in 2021
2. Option 2- Pass one of the Advanced VMware Design NSX-T Data Center exam
2. (Required) Pass the qualifying exam
If my VCP is retired, and I also have a retired VCAP, do I have to earn a current VCP before I can take a current VCAP exam?
If you have 1 of the last 3 VCP certifications released, you can take the current VCAP exam and get certified as long as your VCP is within the last 3 VCPs that were released. Example: VCP-2019, VCP-2018, VCP6 qualify but a VCP5 does not.
If I earn VCAP-NV Design 2021 certification and don’t already have a current VCP, will I receive it as well?
No. Please see this blog post for an explanation of this policy.