Build and Customize Enterprise-ready Apps Faster
The VMware Workspace ONE platform gives mobile application developers and IT teams the tools to rapidly and cost effectively build, test, deploy and maintain enterprise-ready mobile apps. Whether you’re looking for advanced security with app containerization, analytics to measure user adoption, stability and performance, or seeking to improve your user experience with single sign-on, or zero-touch network tunneling, the Workspace ONE development tools are flexible to meet your unique requirements.
In addition to mobile application management, which unifies assignment, policy configuration and distribution of mobile, web and desktop applications to employees, the Workspace ONE mobile app development platform brings together multiple technologies for developers to empower their mobile applications:
- The Workspace ONE Software Development Kit
- Workspace ONE Unified Management following the AppConfig standard
- Workspace ONE Application Wrapping
Arm developers with the tools to roll out secure, enterprise-ready apps faster than ever with the Workspace ONE SDK
- Reduce complexity and time to market by easily satisfying security and privacy requirements including user authentication, app-level passcode, data at rest encryption, network traffic tunneling, data loss prevention policies and more
- Enable IT to remotely manage policies unique to each app or group of users through the Workspace ONE management console
- Improve testability and resolve production issues faster with advanced app analytics, crash analysis and performance metrics in Workspace ONE Intelligence
- Supports apps built on iOS, Android, Cordova, Xamarin and SAP Fiori
Enterprise mobility management (EMM) vendor community standard for developing basic management and security capabilities in enterprise apps
- Leverages native iOS and Android capabilities to configure and secure apps such as per-app VPN and OS managed data loss prevention policies
- Enables developers to enhance their applications with custom policies that may be remotely configured in the Workspace ONE UEM administrative console
- Supports both internally developed and public apps that have added EMM policy support
Add security and management capabilities to already developed applications
- No code approach to adding basic security capabilities to an existing internally built mobile application
- Provides access to a subset of SDK functionality
Enterprise mobility management (EMM) is a device- and platform-agnostic solution that centralizes the management, configuration and security of all devices in an organization, both BYO and corporate-owned. EMM goes beyond traditional device management to include the management and configuration of enterprise apps and content.
A comprehensive EMM solution will include MDM , MAM , mobile content management (MCM) , identity management for access control, and productivity apps for easy access to corporate email, calendar, contacts, content repositories and intranet sites. When done right, an EMM solution should supply both the technical capabilities to simplify management and security for IT as well as a pleasant user experience for the employee.
Mobile device management (MDM) is a device lifecycle management technology that enables IT to deploy, configure, manage, support and secure mobile devices through MDM profiles installed on the devices. MDM software provides asset inventory, over-the- air configuration of email, apps and Wi-Fi, remote troubleshooting, and remote lock and wipe capabilities to secure the device and the enterprise data on it. MDM is the foundation of a comprehensive enterprise mobility management (EMM) solution.
Unified endpoint management (UEM) enables IT to stop using separate tools to manage mobile, desktop and now Internet of Things (IoT) devices. UEM solutions provide a holistic and user-centric approach to managing all endpoints by combining traditional client management of desktop and PC systems with a modern enterprise mobility management (EMM) framework. A comprehensive UEM solution will enable IT to manage users and deliver a consistent experience across all endpoints, secure and manage the full device lifecycle, and do it all in a single, comprehensive platform.
Bring your own device (BYOD) is an IT policy that allows employees to use their personal devices for work purposes. EMM platforms enable organizations to implement a BYOD strategy without sacrificing security or employee privacy by providing separation of work and personal data on the device. This separation allows IT to manage and secure only the work data on an employee-owned device. If a device is ever compromised or when an employee leaves the company, IT is able to remove only the work-related data, leaving the personal items on the device intact.